Skip to main content
Open Access: Green and Gold
- Green Open Access: The author can publish in any journal and once they have receive permission from the publisher, they can self-archive a copy in an institutional or discipline specific repository.
- Gold Open Access: Authors can publish in an open access journal and the content is stored on the publishers website.
Search Across Repositories
- BASE: The Bieleld Academic Search Engine is and index to open access web resources.
- CORE: Search for open access material in journals and repositories worldwide.
- OAIster: A catalog of millions of records for open access resources.
- OpenAIRE: Search for open access content in European repositories.
- OpenDOAR: Search for open access content in the repositories listed in DOAR.
Selection of Open Access Journals and Repositories
- Directory of Opens Access Journals: Online directory of open access peer reviewed journals.
- OpenDOAR: Directory of open access academic repositories.
- BioMed Central: BioMed Central publishes 291 biomedical publications. All publications are peer reviewed and open access.
- DOAB: Directory of Open Access Books
- Public Library of Science (PLOS): PLOS publishes seven peer reviewed open accces journals that cover medicine, tropical diseases, biology, pathogens, genetics, and biology.
- PubMed Central: A repository of biomedical and life science open access journal articles. PubMed Central is maintained by the U.S. National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine.
- Many "traditional" publishers also offer open access journals covering a wide range of topics.