Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Start Your Research With Online Reference Books
These databases can help you find topic overviews, statistics, images, maps, and more. Because they have full text online, you can access these materials any time using any computer.
Starting Your Research With Reference Books
Reference books, such as encyclopedias, atlases, and directories, are useful for topic overviews, historical background, statistics, images, maps, and more. Here are some suggested Reference Book titles in Anthropology/ Archaeology related subject areas. Reference books are shelved with the circulating collection but cannot be taken out of the library.
- Biographical Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology: REF 301.0922 B56 2004
- Encyclopedia of Cultural Anthropology: REF 305.8 E53
- Encyclopedia of Social and Cultural Anthropology: REF 305.8 E531 2002
- Encyclopedia of Anthropology: REF 306.03 E53 1976
- Women Anthropologists: A Biographical Dictionary: REF 306.0922 W66 1988
- Dictionary of Concepts in Physical Anthropology: REF 573.03 S74d 1991
- History of Physical Anthropology: REF 599.9 H57 1997
, Black History
, Current Issues
, Government Resources
, History, Political Science, Government, and Law
, Political Science
Chat Reference Help
Chat is available Mon- Fri 12pm-4pm
Ask A Librarian
317-494-7565 (Available: M-F 12pm to 4:00 pm)
Library assistance via email, response typically within one business day
317-788-2100 (Reference Librarian) Available Monday-Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm
317-788-3268 (General Assistance) Available during our regular hours.
Reference consultation available Monday-Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm
General assistance available during our regular hours.