Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Suggested Databases for History and Political Science
These are suggested databases for finding articles on History and Political Science.
- Academic Search Complete: scholarly and popular journal articles in the social sciences, humanities, education, and general science
- Indiana History Online: includes access to personal narratives and memoirs, pamphlets and political speeches, sermons and songs, legal treatises and children's books.
- Historical Absracts: history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world history, military history, women's history, history of education, and more
- JSTOR: Under "Browse By Disciplice" choose History, Law, or Political Science.
- Military & Government Collection: current news pertaining to all branches of the military
- SIRS Government Reporter: current and historic government documents; landmark and recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions; information about federal departments, agencies, elected leaders and more
- Lexis-Nexis Academic: newspapers and law resources
- European Views of America: European works that relate to the Americas
- In the First Person: letters, diaries, oral histories, and other personal narratives.
- Civil War Primary Source Documents: manuscripts focusing on war years from 1861 to 1865 and contains documents from both the Northern and Southern perspectives
- American Antiquarian Society (AAS) Historical Periodicals: collection of American periodicals published from 1684 to 1912
Chat Reference Help
Chat is available Mon- Fri 12pm-4pm
Ask A Librarian
317-494-7565 (Available: M-F 12pm to 4:00 pm)
Library assistance via email, response typically within one business day
317-788-2100 (Reference Librarian) Available Monday-Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm
317-788-3268 (General Assistance) Available during our regular hours.
Reference consultation available Monday-Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm
General assistance available during our regular hours.
, Black History
, Current Issues
, Government Resources
, History, Political Science, Government, and Law
, Political Science