Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search WorldCat Discovery
Start Your Research With Online Reference Books
These databases can help you find topic overviews, statistics, images, maps, and more. Because they have full text online, you can access these materials any time using any computer.
Start Your Research With Reference Books
Reference books, such as encyclopedias, atlases, and directories, are useful for topic overviews, historical background, statistics, images, maps, and more. Here are some suggested Reference Book titles in Communication-related subject areas. Reference books are shelved with the circulating collection but cannot be taken out of the library.
- Literary Journalism: a Biographical Dictionary of Writers and Editors: REF 070.0922 A67L 1996
- Encyclopedia of International Media and Communications: REF 302.23 E53 2003
- The Museum of Broadcast Communications Encyclopedia of Radio: REF 384.54 M87 2004
- The Encyclopedia of American Radio: REF 791.4475 L33e 2000
- Encyclopedia of Television: REF 791.45 E43 2005
- The Encyclopedia of 20th Century American Television: REF 791.45 L33e 2003
- Dictionary of Television and Audiovisual Terminology: REF 791.45014 M67d 1998
About This Guide
, Black History
, Current Issues
, Government Resources
, History, Political Science, Government, and Law
, Political Science
Chat Reference Help
Chat is available Mon- Fri 12pm-4pm
Ask A Librarian
317-494-7565 (Available: M-F 12pm to 4:00 pm)
Library assistance via email, response typically within one business day
317-788-2100 (Reference Librarian) Available Monday-Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm
317-788-3268 (General Assistance) Available during our regular hours.
Reference consultation available Monday-Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm
General assistance available during our regular hours.