Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is PalShare?
- PalShare is a resource sharing service between 22 Indiana college and university libraries.
- Loan requests for books, DVDs, and CDs can be made directly from Worldcat Discovery through the library page on MyUIndy.
- An email will be sent out when the item is ready for pick up.
- You can check the status and see the due dates of your PalShare requests by signing into your library account on the MyUIndy library page.
- PalShare items are checked out with your UIndy ID.
- Books have a loan period of 60 days.
- CDs and DVDs have a loan period of 14 days.
- PalShare items cannot be renewed.
How to request through PalShare
- Do your search in Worldcat Discovery. Look for items that have Held by: Private Academic Library Network of Indiana under the brief citation.
- Click on the items title to pull up the full record.
- Scroll down and you will see the PALNI library holdings. You will also see if the item is available or checked out.
- If there is a copy available, click on the Request Item button.
- A new screen will open asking you for your UIndy username and password. Enter the information and click submit.
- Another box will pop up with the item information. Click submit again and you will receive a confirmation that the request has been placed.
- If you receive an error message or there are no copies available, you can scroll down further and click on the Request This Item button to do a traditional ILL.
If there are any questions or problems, please Kim Wenning at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 317-788-3402 during the following hours.
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
, Black History
, Current Issues
, Government Resources
, History, Political Science, Government, and Law
, Political Science