Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Using The ILLiad Interlibrary Loan System
First Time Registration
The first time you login to ILLiad system you will need to fill out a New User Registration Form. You'll be asked for the following info:
- Your first and last name
- An email address. To ensure proper notification when materials arrive, we would prefer that you use your UIndy email account. Click here to learn how to forward your UIndy email to another email account.
- Mailing address and phone number
- Status and department
Click the submit button when you have completed the form. You will be returned to the form in any information is incomplete.
After you register you will come to the ILLiad Main Menu. From this Main Menu you will be able to use the links on the left to place your requests.
- Each link will bring up a request form.
- "Article/Photocopy" link for journal articles, newspaper articles, book chapters, etc.
- "Book" link for books, thesis, etc.
- "Audio/Visual Material" link for Cds, DVDs, video cassettes, etc.
- "Microfilm/Microfiche" link for whole reels of newspapers, books on film, etc.
- You will be asked to enter citation information. Please provide as much information as possible to ensure that your request will be filled.
- On each form there is also a space to provide us with any other information that might help us fill your request.
- Hit the submit button when you have completed the form. You will be returned to the form if any information is incomplete.
Renewing Your ILL Requests
Renewal dates are determined by the lending library and can only be made once. Please place your renewal requests through the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan System and please place the requests in advance of the book due date.
- Logon to the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan System at https://uindy.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/logon.html
- At the Main Menu page click on the "Checked Out Items" link on the left.
- You will receive a tabled list of your checked out items.
- Click on the transaction number in the first table column to pull up a detailed record of the request you want renewed.
- Click the red "Renew Request" button to place your request. If there is no red button, renewals are not available for the item.
- If your request goes through you will get a temporary due date. Once the lending library responds to the renewal request, we will send you an email with the new due date. You can also logon to your account in a couple of days to see the new due date.
- If the lending library denies the renewal request, we will send you an email asking you to return the book and we will reset the due date back to it's original date.
Viewing and Downloading Electronic Articles
- You will receive an email when your articles are available for viewing or downloading.
- Logon to ILLiad at https://uindy.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/logon.html
- From the Main Menu, click the "Electronically Received Articles" link.
- You will receive a tabled list of all your available articles .
- Click on the transaction number in the first table column to view or download your article.
- ***ALL ARTICLES EXPIRE AFTER THREE WEEKS AND WE CANNOT GET THEM BACK OR REORDER!***
Editing Personal Information
From the Main Menu you will also be able to update or change any of your personal information.
- Click on the "Change User Information" link to access your registration form.
- Make and updates and changes and click the "Submit Information" button.
- You will be returned to the form if any required information is missing.
If there are any questions, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Interlibrary Loan staff at (317) 788-3402 during the following hours:
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
, Black History
, Current Issues
, Government Resources
, History, Political Science, Government, and Law
, Political Science